Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Web Design and Myself

I have known that I wanted to be involved with the web for future employment since I was a junior in high school. I would dream of working downtown in some large city for a web/graphic design firm with big glass windows, like something you would see in a movie, and still have those dreams to this day. I'm always online researching web design best practices, tips, tricks, and also watching tutorials in an attempt to teach myself the language of the web. This blog will be my attempt to express my thoughts and opinions about the web, as well as share what is currently going on in the industry and what exciting features are expected to shape the industry in the future. Along with these I plan to blog about web design software, web design firms that catch my eye, skills being utilized by industry professionals, and other things of this nature.

I'm excited about what this blog has to offer to me personally, but also hope that it will give insight into anyone else interested in the field of website design and development. I would have to say the thing I am most excited about and feel will be the most beneficial about blogging is that it requires the writer, being myself, to become more actively involved with web design as i scour the net for information which I hope will ultimately make me a better prospect for future employers due to my increased knowledge/awareness. I took my first web design class as a senior in high school, which basically just introduced me to Adobe Dreamweaver (the industry standard web design software) and how to navigate around the program by going through simple tutorials. Hopefully by the end of this blog I will have come a lot farther of that with my skills and understanding of one of the most revolutionary inventions of our time - the world wide web.

No comments:

Post a Comment